“If you want to up your marketing game, you need to do everything in your capacity to understand trending strategies,” says social marketing expert Rachel Pisani. “Podcasts are fantastic resources to gain further insight and optimize your social media content.”
But which podcasts? That is the question.
Pisani is a marketing and business development expert with more than 20 years of experience. She has expertise in strategic planning, branding and cohesive marketing. She represents international speakers and success coaches like Dr. Dave Martin and life coaches like Danielle Hammack. In addition, she has worked with non-profits as an advocate for cancer victims and liaison between federal and state regulators. She has been a regular guest on FOX News, NBC News, and has testified before the Senate Finance Committee.
I caught up with Pisani at Influence18, the national convention for the National Speakers Association, and asked her to rate her top marketing podcasts.
She believes every marketer should be tuning into these eight podcasts:
1. Call To Action: Call To Action covers the fundamentals of digital marketing on a weekly basis. Hear from experts on tips and tricks about conversion rate optimization, pay-per-click marketing, A/B testing, social media marketing, content marketing and more.
2. Social Media Marketing Podcast: Do you want a more engaging social media profile? Social Media Examiner’s CEO, Michael Stelzner, will help you improve your social media marketing strategy in this podcast. Listen to success stories and current industry trends that will optimize your content.
3. Marketing Over Coffee: This is the perfect podcast to whip out on your coffee break. The hosts record the show in a local coffee shop every week and publish the show on Thursday mornings. Each Thursday, they go over traditional and marketing methods that are essential for a reliable marketing strategy.
4. Social Pros Podcast: Get a close up of real experts in the content marketing industry. You’ll hear pro advice about the best practices in public relations, building your brand narrative, and much more.
5. Success Made Simple: Learn how to create a winning mindset and succeed in your business. Hear interviews with top marketing and business professionals, athletes, and celebrities on the keys to their success and how they will inspire your brand identity and marketing strategy.
6. HBR IdeaCast: Hear from the leading figures in business in Harvard Business Review’s (HBR) IdeaCast. Learn how these businessmen and women rose to success and apply the methods to your own business.
7. Copyblogger FM: Each week brings something new and exciting as host, Sonia Simone, and her team analyzes the content marketing trends and downfalls of the week. Stay up-to-date with the ever-changing practices in content marketing, copywriting, email marketing, conversion optimization, mindset, and much more.
8. Perpetual Traffic: With Perpetual Traffic, you will learn how to generate more leads and sales for your business through different social media channels. A new episode is up every Tuesday.
“The benefits of listening to podcasts is that it can help you increase your brand recognition, create a social media presence, and discover specific marketing campaigns that will your increase revenue,” says Pisani.