What you believe determines who you will become.
No matter where you are in life, the daily toll of stress and challenges can make your days seem bleak. But, having some inspirational life quotes to pick up your day can make your days better and even more priceless.
Motivational quotes are like having a good friend sit down with for a cup of tea. You can take your time, sip through and savor each moment from one to the next. Find some to take home with you and share others that will brighten up their day too.
Sit back and enjoy what life has to offer you.
Here are 100 of the best motivational life quotes that will inspire you when you feel like quitting:
1. No matter what you have done, where you have been, know, accept and love who you are.
“Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.”
2. Learn to control your fear, work through it, and get what you want in spite of it.
“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
3. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
“What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.”
4. It isn’t enough to stop the negative thinking. You need to replace it with something more empowering.
“Erase the old tapes in your head and create new ones.”
5. Aiming for perfection is unrealistic. The trick is to simply aim for consistent improvement.
“Stop waiting for perfection and eliminate the excuses that are keeping you stuck.”
6. Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people.
“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.”
7. Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of someone else.”
8. Just be yourself. Let people see the real you and you’ll attract the right people in your life.
“Decide this minute to never again beg anyone for the love, respect, and attention that you should be showing yourself.”
9. Live life to the fullest. Enjoy every single day of it for it will happen only once.
“Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.”
10. No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one.
“Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.”
11. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.
“Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness.”
12. You’re not going to please everyone, it’s simply impossible.
“You can’t please everyone, and you can’t make everyone like you.”
13. Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.”
14. Decide what you want to be, pick out your future, and make your own destiny.
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
15. Be the kind of person that makes other people want to improve their lives as well.
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
16. What you believe determines who you will become.
“Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.”
17. Surround yourself with those that lift you higher and know your self-worth.
“Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.”
18. Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away your joy.
“When other people treat you poorly, walk away, smile and keep being you. Don’t ever let someone else’s bitterness change the person you are.”
19. Learn to be grateful and appreciate all that you have now versus waiting to have the perfect life.
“We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
20. There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy.
“Whatever you decide to do. Make sure it makes you happy.”
21. Self-love is not selfish.
“Make yourself a priority once in a while. It’s not selfish. It’s necessary.”
22. Get out of your comfort zone even if it means being uncomfortable.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
23. Keep people in your life that truly love, motivate, encourage, inspire, enhance, and make you happy.
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy.”
24. When you let things go, happiness finds you and that’s a way of telling yourself you did the right thing.
“Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.”
25. People don’t have to like you and you don’t have to care.
“Be who you are and find yourself so you can be your own person and enjoy life with no regret.”
26. Strong walls shake but never collapse.
“A strong woman is someone who is able to smile this morning like she wasn’t crying last night.”
27. An original is always worth more than a copy.
“Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone, don’t be someone else. Just be yourself.”
28. Have a daily practice of letting go of what you think you’re supposed to be and embrace who you are.
“Always remember you’re unique just like everyone else.”
29. Think for yourself and trust your own intuition.
“Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life.”
30. Let go of those who hurt you.
“Don’t chase after the people that hurt you. Replace them with people that care.”
31. There are things in life we can’t control and we just have to let it go.
“The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.”
32. Don’t let your own worst enemy live in between your ears. Believe in yourself.
“Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and at some point, you will.”
33. Keep smiling. Life is beautiful.
“I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Happy people are beautiful.”
34. Letting go of people or things is not easy.
“One of the hardest things to do in life is letting go of what you thought was real.”
35. Don’t chase, get chosen.
“The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.”
36. No matter how far you’ve gone on the wrong road, you can still turn around.
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
37. Be authentic.
“No matter what you look like or think you look like, you’re special and loved and perfect just the way you are.”
38. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
“Surround yourself with people who inspire and encourage you. Your network is your net worth.”
39. You have everything you need to create exactly what it is that you desire.
“The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.”
40. People will always have their opinions. Only you know who you really are.
“Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people.”
RELATED: 12 Ways To Get Real About Your Life — So You Can Finally Love Yourself
41. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.
“If you’re not happy about how you look, you have to question how much self-love you have.”
42. The opportunities you have today won’t be there five years from now.
“One day, you’ll wake up and there won’t be any time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do them now.”
43. Change is the law of life. And this is good for you.
“Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.”
44. You need to build yourself inside-out and not outside-in.
“One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.”
45. Never let your dreams die. They are the truest expressions of who you are.
“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.”
46. Be content with who you are, because you are unique person that no one else can emulate.
“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
47. The only way out of a bad situation is to continue in order to to get yourself out of it.
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
48. Each day is an opportunity to create more beautiful memories.
“You need to let go of the resentment inside of you and don’t let it shape the way your life will be in the future.”
49. Surround yourself with those that lift you higher and know your self-worth.
“The key to life is to be around the people who will empower you to reach the next level in life.”
50. Life is so beautiful and there’s so much to smile about.
“No matter what’s happening, choose to be happy. Don’t focus on what’s wrong. Find something positive in your life. Thank God for the small things.”
51. Live life to the fullest because it only happens once.
“Time spent worrying drains your energy, it makes you weaker. You were created to live a peace-filled life.”
52. Life is a test. Enjoy every moment of it.
“Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of.”
53. Letting go of people or things is not easy.
“Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak, sometimes you’re just strong enough to let go.”
54. Believe and work hard and all your dreams will come true.
“Believe and work hard and all your dreams will come true.”
55. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond.
“If you limit yourself only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise.”
56. Know yourself. Accept yourself. Love yourself.
“Embrace who you are. Literally, hug yourself. Accept who you are.”
57. Giving up is not an option.
“When things are going bad, don’t use that as an excuse to give up. Instead, use it as motivation to push harder. Never give up.”
58. Life only happens once, so live the most of it.
“Life is short. Don’t waste it being sad. Be who you are, be happy, be free, be whatever you want to be.”
59. The world is going to judge you no matter what you do, so live life the way you always want it.
“Never change your originality for the sake of others, because no one can play your role better than you.”
60. Feeling bad and doing nothing about it is a waste of your energy.
“Sometimes it’s very hard to move on, but once you move on, you’ll realize it was the best decision you’ve ever made.”
61. Stop over-thinking so much and just go where your heart takes you.
“Over-thinking ruins you. Ruins the situation, twists things around, makes you worry and just makes everything much worse than it actually is.”
62. Be yourself, do your own thing, and work hard.
“Sometimes you just have to give up on people. Chasing them is a heartache especially when they don’t try to meet you halfway.”
63. Give respect to others thoughts and cherish their feelings.
“Respect people’s feelings. Even if it doesn’t mean anything to you, it could mean everything to them.”
64. Judging others is simply the flip side of judging yourself.
“Try not to take things personally; what people say about you is a reflection of them, not you.”
65. Whatever you believe about yourself on the inside is what you will manifest on the outside.
“Confidence is the key. If you don’t believe in yourself, then nobody will.”
66. In this life, people will love you and people will hate you and none of that will have anything to do with you.
“Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.”
67. Don’t judge people. You never truly know the daily struggles of others.
“Everybody makes mistakes but remember to be sure to point out your own before you point out someone else’s.”
68. Be yourself, not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.
“Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone, don’t be someone else. Be yourself.”
69. If we judge others, it is because we are judging something in ourselves of which we are unaware.
“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
70. When you learn to love yourself, you will stop putting your self-esteem in the hands of others.
“Worry about loving yourself instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.”
71. Stop comparing yourself to other people, just choose to be happy and live your own life.
“Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.”
72. Stop wondering if you’re good enough. Know that you are!
“If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.”
73. Establish who you are and don’t let anybody dress you up or change the way you are.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
74. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
“A little progress each day adds up to big results.”
75. Remember that great things take time.
“Greatness is sifted through the grind, therefore don’t despise the hard work now for surely, it will be worth it in the end.”
76. You’ll be happier when you stop comparing.
“Comparison is an act of violence against the self.”
77. No matter what you have done and where you have been, you are good enough.
“Just in case you have forgotten today. You matter. You are loved. You are worthy. You are magical.”
78. Forgive others not because they deserve it but because you deserve peace.
“Forgive others. Not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace.”
79. To become successful, never give up.
“I failed over and over and over again in my life that is why I succeed.”
80. The only validation that matters in our quest for greatness is our own.
“It takes a strong person to do their own thing and not wait for anybody else to validate their existence.”
81. First, know yourself before judging someone else’s life.
“Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own.”
82. All things are possible if you never give up.
“Always remember that in life, whatever we do, we are never defeated unless we give up.”
83. Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
84. Let go and happiness will find you say that you did the right thing.
“Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.”
85. You are walking your own journey.
“Self-trust is the first secret of success.”
86. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life.
“Know the value of time. Snatch, seize, and enjoy every minute of it.”
87. Take small steps every day, and you’ll get there one day.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
88. Stay focused, go after your dreams, and keep moving toward your goals.
“Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.”
89. Be grateful for all the obstacles in your life.
“Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyzed you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.”
90. Train your mind to see the good in everything. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
“With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.”
91. You should be proud to be different.
“What makes you different makes you beautiful.”
92. Always keep trying.
“When the world says ‘give up’, hope whispers ‘try it once more’.”
93. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
“Do it, move it, make it happen! No one ever sat their way to success.”
94. You are the driver in this life and no one else.
“Our thoughts create our reality, where we put our focus is the direction we tend to go.”
95. Work hard, be patient, and be consistent.
“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
96. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
“Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.”
97. Take chances.
“If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
98. Don’t ever let someone’s hate change you.
“People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you.”
99. No one is perfect and we can always learn something new.
“Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
100. Learn from failure.
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
Congratulations for getting through them all! Know that they are here as a resource to you whenever you need them or want to share with your friends.
Lisa Lieberman-Wang is a relationship expert and creator of the neuroscience Neuro Associative Programming (NAP). If you need help finding your truth and living an authentic life, reach out to heror e-mail her at [email protected]
This article was originally published at FinetoFab. Reprinted with permission from the author.